It's important to consider how Cloud and Big Data are changing the face of corporate IT, and how they are changing the workplace for the IT professional.
Why will companies want to shift to Cloud computing technologies? How do we manage the growing demand for data scientists and Big Data professionals?
- Companies no longer need to purchase, store and maintain expensive network equipment, reducing the resources involved in maintaining, updating and repairing their own server hardware and software. Cloud providers deliver the software via the internet, ensuring that the software comes with the latest patches and security installed every time you connect to the cloud.
- Companies become more agile because they are able to grow or shrink computing resources as demand increases or decreases, paying only for the resources they actually use. This prevents companies from having to pay more to build bigger servers in order to handle the occasional end of month demand on their servers or the seasonal spikes in demand for their products.
- Remote employees can easily access necessary applications via the Internet from any location, using their mobile and handheld computing devices increasing both their efficiency and the ability to collaborate from their desk and on the go.
- With custom applications, companies can turn their services into products that customers can access via the Internet. Companies can sell the application or functionality via the cloud to other customers who are also in need of that service.
How are Cloud and Big Data changing the workplace for the IT professional?
- In-house IT staff can be reallocated, especially from jobs focusing on server and desktop support. As companies switch to cloud-hosted services, these maintenance, repair and upgrade services will be managed by the provider which will free up these support personnel to work on other important company projects.
- They create an increased demand for specialized Cloud and Big Data consultants, developers, architects, and analysts to meet the growing markets immediate and specialized needs.
- Emphasis switches from support to innovation as companies require new and better cloud-hosted applications to support their business needs. Developers, programmers and coders will be increasingly in demand, particularly in the area of mobile and handheld computing.
- Organizations require stringent security demands with a need for experts to ensure data stored on the Cloud is protected and meets industry-specific regulations. This includes the need for private Cloud creation, where companies build out their own private cloud network and offer it to their customers and employees.
- The demand for big data professionals and data scientists will grow as the cloud spurs massive volume, velocity and variety of data.
New Horizons stays up to date with the latest technologies, in order to provide you with the relevant skills you need in order to succeed in the ever-changing technology landscape.
Our partnerships with major developers of Cloud and Big Data technology allow us to offer the courses you need to get ahead.